While in Cartagena, Colombia we took a tour to the Mud Volcano of Totumo. It is crazy! So your in your swimsuit and climb up these super steep stairs toward the top and once your at the top you jump into MUD! Now they offer massages but I passed when I watched others get massaged. I didn't want to get groped by the natives:) It was a weird experience. First off you can't touch the floor because the mud is 1,000 feet deep! YIKES! Second off it was packed with people so once you get in your trying to keep your balance and moving around bumping into everyone. I had to let Josh hold Nigel because I couldn't stay afloat with him in my arms. Nigel did not like this experience and as soon as he came in here he started screaming! So I immediately worked my way through the crowds and would push my way through by grabbing other people in order to get out. It was crazy. So once your out you walk slowly down the steep stairs and make your way to the lake where native women wait to rinse you off. Actually it is more like they shake your swimsuits while pouring water underneath in order to get the mud off! It was quite the experience and I don't think I will rush to do it again but it was an experience right?
View of the Volcano. Its about 30 feet high. Plus there are no rails to hold on to at the top which was scary.
Picture of what the pit looked like. Thick mud everywhere! I didn't get a chance to take pictures of us because we were covered in mud but I think you can imagine what we looked like right?More adventures in Cartagena coming up soon....
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I think that is the weirdest thing I have ever seen! But it looks like fun!!! No wonder Nigel was scared...you can't even see faces!! so fun!!
That is so crazy! I'm glad you guys are having fun! :)
Post a Comment