Smiles, Smiles everywhere:)
So Josh and I have been debating wither or not we should hire a maid/cook for months. I at first did not care in the least to have one while on the other hand Josh was all for it. Finally I changed my mind and said we will give it a try and then we hired Jeanette. She has been working with us for about a week and oh my gosh it has been so awesome. She cleans the whole house, laundry, and cooks 3 meals! She is also our babysitter once a week so Josh and I can get out every now and then. She comes everyday but Sunday and works from 8-2. I must say it is challenging to communicate and for the last few days we have been using a spanish dictionary or Google translate. When I don't understand her we stare at each other and just laugh and then rush over to the dictionary or computer. She is great with Nigel and is so good and gentle with him. He chases her all over the house:) I think he likes having another person around.
So my opinion has changed on having a maid while living abroad. At first I thought no I don't want someone here all day because It will be awkward and I won't be able to relax and have privacy. But so far I haven't felt that way. I am now able to workout up stairs while he naps and it is so great to finally get back into my running. WOW I've missed it:) Anyways, I could go on and on about what a great decision we have made.
Oh funny Maid moment: Last night she and I were talking and she told me to wait a minute because she had a question. So she ran into our room and grabbed Josh's garment bottoms and brought them to me and then read the inside tag and asked, "What the heck is this?" I looked at her and laughed. I then tried to explain to her that we are Mormon and that these are special clothing that we wear for protection. Something we believe in. I think she understood. I knew that question would arise sooner or later. So I guess it made for a great missionary moment right? There are a lot of funny maid moments that I will continue to share on the blog later.
4 comments:
That tooootally makes sense! I forget too that those people need jobs. It is challenging for you I'm sure to handle everything, in a new place, with the language barrier, AND have a kid AND with Josh gone. You are awesome. Jeanette sounds like a fun lady. I bet you like having someone around too and maybe someday when your Spanish is 100% you'll be able to laugh and giggle over stuff like old girlfriends. Nigel? Um, I LOVE HIM! He is getting SO big and grown up.
Good for you for getting back into running!!! Go girl!! You are a rockstar runner. Do they have marathons in Columbia? How awesome would that be to say you've ran in a marathon in Columbia!???
i love that you hired a maid! that is awesome. and i'm glad it's working out so well. how's her cooking?! you'll probably learn spanish super fast this way which is way cool. you should do a weekly feature on your blog with Jeanette updates.
love you . and nig. and josh.
I talked with Josh the other day and he was saying that you may get a maid. It sounds like it is working out great. Nigel is starting to look more and more like Josh, I think. So glad things are going well for you guys.
Its about time!!! Keep practicing your spanish youll get there!!!
Post a Comment